Modify Contact Form in Quix??

Home Forums Support Modify Contact Form in Quix??

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to understand how Quix works and I’d like to modify le contact form but couldn’t find where it is.
I’d like to translate the elements present on the form into French.

Thx

Awal

Thank you but I found too many files (xml, php) and I don’t know which ones should I modify?? (‘form.xml’, ‘form_captcha.xml’ in “form” folder; ‘helper.php’, ‘style.php’, ‘view.php’ in “contact-form” folder and ‘inline-js.php’ in “js” folder).
Only the “form.xml” and the “form_captcha.xml”???
What about the button “send message”? I’d like to translate the words into French.
Last question: I haven’t tested sending a message yet, and I’m wondering which mailbox will receive the email?

Thx again

“What about the button “send message”? I’d like to translate the words into French.”
You can use joomla language override with language constant: QX_CF_SEND
“I haven’t tested sending a message yet, and I’m wondering which mailbox will receive the email?”
You need to config the admin email via contact form element first: https://imgur.com/a/eg6DP This email will receive the content of contact form.

To translate text, just open language folder -> en-GB -> en-GB.contact-form.ini

Thanks again. It did help 😉

But I have other questions!!!

– If I update le Quix extension, will my settings disappear?

– If I add the French language to the administration part of the joomla site, will that be in conflict with the en-GB settings made in Quix, for example?

– In your EDU template, the button “Subscribe” is in English and I’d like to change it into French. Where can I find the configuration file?

Thnaks a lot and have a good day.

Awal

” If I update le Quix extension, will my settings disappear?”
No 🙂
“If I add the French language to the administration part of the joomla site, will that be in conflict with the en-GB settings made in Quix, for example?”

Do you mean using the site as multi language site? If yes, instead override the language via code you can choose the solution that using joomla language override for special language 🙂

” In your EDU template, the button “Subscribe” is in English and I’d like to change it into French. Where can I find the configuration file?”

You can use joomla language override with language constant: QX_CF_SEND

Example this https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla you can choose FRENCH language when overriding instead English

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.