Backend tabbed pages layouts distorted

Home Forums Support Backend tabbed pages layouts distorted

I’m sorry about the title. I’m not entirely sure how to word the topic without just calling it a royal mess.

Up until yesterday, Saturday June 23rd, 2018 I was running J!3.7.5 with Factory 1.0.7 & Helix 3 2.4 (I believe)
Everything was running & looking perfect as far as I could tell.

Yesterday June 23rd, 2018 I upgraded from J!3.7.5 to 3.8.0. Today, Sunday June 24th, I logged into one of my template styles and it brought me straight to the custom code tab screen and it looked normal so I added some additional screen sizes, saved & closed the style. Needless to say it didn’t quite work out as planned so I reopened the style and went to the layouts tab and that’s when I noticed there are problems.

My first thought was that maybe since I upgraded Joomla I should upgrade Helix which I did to 2.5.3. It did not fix the problem.
Here are screenshot links to the layout & presets areas:
Layouts and Presets

Could you advise me on what steps I might need to preform to get this fixed?

Thank you for your help

I checked your site, something went wrong while loading plugin files.
Please check configuration.php file and remove the url if any for $live_site variable.
It should be
public $live_site = '';

Thanks, I will check.
However, why did you respond “Next time please continue post questions to free forum support.” when you asked me to submit a private ticket w/ a link to the ticket system?

Did you just want me to respond like I am now but set my reply as a private reply here instead, but said submit a ticket on accident?

Check the configuration file and there is nothing between the ‘ ‘ so it looks like this:
public $live_site = ‘ ‘;

I can give you server access if you need it.

Hi there,
Could you please do following this post to check the current issue?
We are waiting for new release helix3 framework version 2.5.4 to fix issue with latest Joomla 3.8.10

Unfortunately adding that line of code in the post in the helix3 plugin did not fix my problem. I even cleared my Joomla cache, closed browser, deleted brower cache to no avail.

I uninstalled the 2 helix3 files & the template. I then reinstalled v.1.0.8 and the problem reappeared.

As a result I’ve decided to just surrender and I deleted all files & table in the database and re-uploaded a copy of the files & database I made just before upgrading Joomla from 3.7.5 to 3.8.0.

The last time I had a problem upgrading joomla was when I decided to upload a Full Package to my file manager & extract it overwriting my files, and then going into the Joomla administrator and doing a database fix. This is when I was going from 3.4.8 to 3.5.0. then I tried upgrading to 3.5.1 and then straight to 3.6.5 and whatever broke during the 3.4.8 to 3.5.0 upgrade never fixed itself so I rolled back to 3.4.8 and then I used the Joomla admin panel to just upgrade from 3.4.8 to 3.6.5.

Months later, I went to the Joomla Upload & Update tab and uploaded the 3.7.5 Upgrade Package, and up until this past weekend have not experienced any issues. I did not think that I’d have issues going from 3.7.5 to 3.8.0 using the same method. Before I upgraded I disabled almost everything I have installed, like my advanced module manager, easyblog, easysocial, kunena, ect… After I updated then I began re-enabling everything.

Do you have any suggestions on what the best way to upgrade joomla from 3.7.5 to 3.8.0 without breaking something again since joomla wants me to upgrade from 3.7.5 to 3.8.10? I don’t want to upgrade to the latest version because not all of my software is up to date and I don’t want to break something because the software is not up to date.

Hi there,
You can get the update package for Joomla 3.8.0 here
Just download package name
After that, go to Components -> Joomla Update -> tab Upload & Update -> Upload the package and click button upload and install

The issue here that your site load plugin with FULL URL PREFIX via joomla administrator like so
it should be

The first part of your message is exactly how I upgraded from 3.7.5 to 3.8.0

Second, where you leave out the “index.php/en/ part of the example url can’t be why I’m having issues with the template admin area. First it works in 3.7.5, but does not in 3.8.0 unless joomla changed something.

This is my first multilingual site and from what I’ve been able to tell is that the “/en/” part of the url is the language code, so unless there’s a setting I need to change, I think my url is supposed to have the “/index.php/en/ in it.

I’m sorry for taking so long to get back to you, it’s been a very busy week.
I did what what you asked and the only “warning” message I received was:
This site is set as a multilingual site. One or more of the Default Home pages for the published Content languages are missing although the Language Filter plugin is enabled AND/OR one or more Language Switcher modules are published.

On my english menu I have green check marks across the board. The other langues have a red circle with a minus in them under the “Published Default Home pages” column which is normal as I have not yet published these other languages.

Thanks for all of your help,
However I’ve decided to just create a new folder and do a clean full install of Joomla 3.8.0 and reinstall everything. I have configured the template and duplicated it for all of my languages. In addition I’m about half way through installing my extensions & components & the problem has not appeared.
I will keep you updated on my progress, so if the problem does appear hopefully we’ll have a good idea what’s causing it. Right now my guess is that something went wrong with the upgrade.

Hi there,
I’m glad to hear that you found the solution for this case.

The topic ‘Backend tabbed pages layouts distorted’ is closed to new replies.